**DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A SPONSORED POST BY SkinSmart! ALL REVIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE BASED ON MY PERSONAL VIEWS.**
**THIS POST CONTAINS SOME CONTEXTUAL AFFILIATE LINKS. AN AFFILIATE LINK MEANS THAT I RECEIVE COMMISSION ON SALES OF THE PRODUCTS THAT ARE LINKED TO IN MY POSTS. SO IF YOU CLICK ON A LINK AND MAKE A PURCHASE FROM AN AFFILIATE SITE, THEN I MAY MAKE A COMMISSION FROM THAT PURCHASE. THE CONTENT OF MY POSTS OR PINS ARE ALL ITEMS, THINGS, AND EXPERIENCES I GENUINELY LIKE AND WILL ONLY WORK WITH AFFILIATES THAT FIT MY AESTHETIC AND BRAND.**
We all strive to be “healthy” yet what if it’s more than one thing. What if it’s more than food and fitness, but a variety of things, including your skin?
So taking a break from talking about nutrition labels and healthcare, and diving into my winter skincare routine! And while you may think of skincare routines as overcomplicated and expensive, it doesn’t have to be!
Here’s My Simplified Winter Routine!
When I was in middle school, my teacher suggested that we pay too much for skincare, when in all reality, all we need is Vaseline. And while I’m not quite sure that would work on myself, it made me think of how overcomplicated skincare may be.
Since that time, I’ve gone from using 10 products everyday to less than three. And I keep trying new products to see what works best on me! But because I understand the intimidation of all the products out there, I’ve included my own skincare favorites of 2018!
So pay attention to what I have to say below and to your skin, I’d love to know if you used any of these before and what you thought worked best!
My Skincare Favorites of 2018
#1: Pimple? Use This.
I usually never break out, yet when I do I use Dickinson’s Witch Hazel a few times a day. I dab it on my face with a washcloth and that’s just it.
No expensive pimple creams or anything....
All you need is a $3.00 bottle of witch hazel for a pimple to be gone in less than two days!
#2: Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Faces!
I seldom use moisturizer, but sometimes in the wintertime my face gets patchy dry areas. To combat the patchy spots I use a variety of products, depending on which I have around!
These are my two favorite products!
#3: Dry Skin?
I should moisturize with lotion more often, but I always run out of time. So rather than taking the time to find a moisturizer, I’ve been using these few products that spare me a lot of time. The Kneipp shower foam or the Almond shower oil acts double-duty as a shaving cream while the eczema spray takes two seconds to apply. So again, so simple and all of these are well-worth the buy.
- L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil
- This is an expensive product yet it’s something I splurge on when it’s on sale.
- I love everything about it from the smell of it to the way it feels!
- SkinSmart Antimicrobial Eczema Therapy Spray
- I don’t like using moisturizer, so I always try to find liquid alternatives. I like something which is lightweight such as a body oil, and this winter I’ve found this to be great.
- Believe it or not…
- It’s steroid free.
- It dries with no residue.
- It balances the bacteria on the skin.
- It’s also lightweight and fragrance free.
- It effectively soothes dry winter skin!
- Then you can buy this product at Amazon (in link above), Safeway, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Pavilion, Tom Thumb, Randalls, and Lunds/Bylerys!
#4: Stop Those Cracked Heels!
True story. When I was younger, my heels split all the time! They got so bad that my mom had to carry me to the doctor and get special antibiotic prescription cream.
So while I haven’t had a similar situation in years, let’s face it…my heels are prone to cracking and splitting. It’s just the way it is.
But I’ve tried MANY heel creams and would hate for you to do the same, so here are the two I liked most.
- This product is great. It’s relatively cheap, and has an ointment-type consistency. I spread it on my heels with a Q-Tip or my fingers and then use these aloe socks.
- You can buy this product right here on Amazon, but if you need it now, here’s a few coupons I found to save. I believe you can get it from Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Walmart, but it’s usually more expensive!
- Earth Therapeutics Foot Balm
- This product is great, but if your heels are really cracked, it stings.
- It has tea tree oil, aloe vera, and chamomile, so it also has a bit of a smell, unlike the Kerasal.
- You can buy this product on Amazon or even at Bed Bath & Beyond! As with the Kerasal, it’s usually cheaper to buy online than in store. If you need it now, I’d definitely recommend using a Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off Coupon!
True Fact…I have a scar on my head from a hockey stick. You may not see it, and that’s because a.) the plastic surgeon who stitched me up was absolutely amazing b.) Bio-oil (on sale on Amazon today)
P.S. Don’t believe it works? Then look at the right side of my face!
Can’t see the scar near my eyebrow…Can you?
Other Factors that Affect Your Skin!
But’s not just about what you use on the skin, it’s about what you eat and drink every single day. So I’ve highlighted a few below for you, from this article, but there are many more! (Will need to dedicate another blog to it later on!)
Foods High In Vitamin E
- Sunflower Seeds
Foods High in Vitamin C and water content!
- Berries: Strawberries, Raspberries
- Citrus Fruit
- Red & Yellow Peppers
Foods High In Beta-Carotene
- Sweet Potato
Foods High In Zinc/Iron
- FORTIFIED CEREALS
- Lean meat
Foods High in Omega-3’s
- Dark Chocolate
So if you want to read more on the functionality of these foods, definitely read the article! From strawberries to dark chocolate, it’s got it all covered!
And if you need to buy some healthy products, check out Thrive Market! While it’s an investment (meaning it requires a membership), the average Thrive Market member makes back their membership fee on their first two orders! Such an easy way to save thousands on your grocery bill every year. And guess what…I found a coupon code just for you!
So get your hemp seeds, Jilz crackers, dark chocolate, nuts, and everything here for a great deal!
Health is multi-faceted, and is more than fitness or food. It also depends on skin care, which many of us either over-complicate or neglect to do. So take this list of what I do and find what works best for yourself. Find a simplified routine and keep trying things out…
It’s most important that you find what works for you!
With Love Always,